Wouldn't it be great if, for your next video meeting, you didn't have to dial a long complex video address?
Joining your next meeting is incredibly simple. By scanning a QR code with your smartphone, the MeetingConnect feature in the My Meeting Video mobile app wirelessly connects with any of your company's video systems to let you join your meeting without needing to dial any long, complicated video addresses.
- You should have the latest version of My Meeting Video for mobile installed
- Sync your mobile calendar with My Meeting Video
- Your company's video systems should be registered to the Videxio service
1. Install the latest version of My Meeting Video for mobile on your device
- When updating to the latest version, Android devices will automatically install an additional shortcut icon labeled Meeting Joiner
- This shortcut is then listed in your device’s app drawer
- Pro tip: add the Meeting Joiner icon to your device's home screen for faster access
2. Sync your meeting calendar with My Meeting Video*
- Log into My Meeting Video mobile app
- Under the Settings menu, select the Calendar option
- A list of all available calendars on your device is now displayed
- Check the calendar(s) you receive meeting invites from to sync them with My Meeting Video
- New meeting invites with now be displayed inside the app in the Meeting Schedule tab
*If you have previously connected your calendar to My Meeting Video, you can skip this step
3. Join a meeting with from your video system with QuickConnect
First, make sure that you’ve received a calendar invite to the meeting you would like to join and it is being displayed inside the Meeting schedule tab:
- Begin by scanning the QR code with your smartphone
- On Android devices open the Meeting Joiner app to scan
- On iOS devices, open your device's regular camera app
- A popup notification displays the list of your upcoming video meetings on your device
- From this list tap the meeting you would like to join
- Now, from the video system's touch screen panel, accept the "incoming call" to join the meeting
As long as the video system has been set up with its own QR code, you can connect to it with MeetingConnect easily. So there's no need to worry about which video system or meeting room you would like to use ahead of time, or how to dial in from different systems.
Schedule a meeting, find a free video system and connect. It really is that easy!
Company admins - want to know how to set up QuickConnect for your company? Check out this Admin User guide to get started.