In countries where the Google Play store is blocked and the automatic installation of the MyScreenSharing extension cannot be completed then you have 2 manual installation options that are available to you.
Group Policy Deployment
For companies that are using a Microsoft Active directory, then managing Chrome extensions with Group Policies or Master_Preferences would likely be the preferred approach.
This is an advanced administrative procedure and it is recommended that it be undertaken by an experienced technical resource.
More information on these methods can be found here:
The Videxio packaged extension and XML manifest files can be obtained from here:
Only use files obtained from this repository as the extension ID of these packages is approved to run with MyPages. If you package your own extension then the MyScreenSharing will not work with MyPages.
For companies that don't have Microsoft Active Directory, as a work around you will need to perform a manual installation of this Chrome Extension.
Download Videxio_MSS_Extension.ZIP file for the Google Chrome .CRX extension My Screen Sharing found at the footer of this article.
Then follow these instructions for manually installing this extension in to the browser.
1. Go to chrome://extensions/ and check the box for Developer mode in the top right.
2. Locate the ZIP file on your computer and unzip it.
3. Go back to the chrome://extensions/ page and click the Load unpacked extension button and select the unzipped folder for your extension to install it.
- Please be aware that this extension will not auto update if a new software release is submitted to the Google Play store.
- Users will also need developer mode enabled to continue to use the extension