All of our Meeting rooms support traditional telephone dial-in using local telephone PSTN networks (public switched telephone networks) that carry regular phone calls. This means you can call into a meeting without using any data, and is just like placing a normal phone call.
Great for slow data networks. Or when you’ve watched too much Netflix at the gym when you should have been sweating, and suddenly you’ve got hardly any data allowance left.
To do this from your mobile device, first open the URL link for the room you wish to join in your phone’s browser:
- The page will automatically select the country code to use for dialing based on your phone’s current IP address
- If you’re in a country we don’t currently support local PSTN telephone dialing from, the app will select the default country we support in the region you’re calling from. For example, in Europe, it will default to Belgium
- Although it’s not a premium number, when traveling abroad check with your phone’s service provider as to how much calling a number registered in a different country to your service agreement will be charged at
- You can change the selected country by tapping the drop-down ▼ menu next to the current country. You might wish to change the country you’re calling from for a couple of reasons:
- You’re in a country we don’t currently support and you want to change to a different territory than the one selected by the app
- When you’re abroad but would prefer to select the country your phone service is registered in, and we support PSTN dialing there
- For example, if you have a mobile phone in Norway and are visiting the UK. It might be cheaper to change the country dial-in from the UK to Norway so your Norwegian service is calling a Norwegian number
|Please note that this feature is only supported when calling a Meeting room. To place an audio-only call to a contact via the app you should use the audio-only data calling feature. You can read more about that here|